MegaCities ShortDocs Film Festival 2019 – Call for Entries
MegaCities-ShortDocs is an association of public interest founded in Paris, whose objective is to inspire through short documentary films, other people, associations, businesses and governments to set in motion new initiatives that contribute to a society more respectful of the environment and offering greater solidarity among citizens.
The association is organizing the 5th Edition of its International Citizen Film Festival on the theme of megacities. This annual festival is open to anyone and must highlight solutions, or potential initiatives, that meet urban challenges and improve our lives.
Your ShortDoc film must
– Show a challenge in your MegaCity (such as transportation, education, refugees, health, climate change, …) and solutions or ideas of new initiatives that could tackle such issues. A challenge that is potentially a theme with social or environmental impact covered by one of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals from the United Nations,
– Take place inside the urban area of one existing megacities (1 of the 38 metropolitan areas of more than 10 Million inhabitants),
– Last no more than 4 minutes (including closing credits),
– Integrate English subtitles.
– Power of the solution in terms of inhabitants’ benefits and the challenges associated with it. Replicability of the solution.
– Quality of production and clarity of the messages, relative brevity and capacity for synthesis will be appreciated. The short video pitch should not be perceived as a pure advertising video.
– Description of the initiative or start-up that proposed the solution and perspective of development (internationally if relevant).
– 15 July 2019 midnight Paris time (UTC+2): End of registration on our website www.megacities-shortdocs.org to submit a film,
– 31 July 2019 (midnight Paris time): Deadline for uploading your short documentary on shortfilmdepot.com.
– 12 August to 16 September 2019 (midnight Paris time): selection process of 15 to 20 nominees by an international professional Jury and online public vote (YouTube Channel).
– Mid-November 2019: The Paris Award Ceremony,
– November 2019 to end of March 2020: screenings in a selected number of megacities around the world.
Awards and Prizes
1. For the Best ShortDoc, trip to Paris and accommodation to attend the Award Ceremony and 2000 euros equally shared between the Shortdoc Maker and the Initiative Owner.
2. For the Special Jury Award, trip to Paris and accommodation and 1500 euros equally shared between the Shortdoc Maker and the initiative owner.
3. For the best Student, trip to Paris, accommodation and a prize of 750 euros.
For the ShortDoc Makers,
4. of the Most Popular ShortDoc (“Publics Choice Award”) a reward of 750 euros.
5. of the Best Tech Initiative (“Tech4Good”), a trip to Paris and accommodation and 750 euros.
6. of the Best Shortdoc of the “Metropole du Grand Paris” (Greater Paris Metropolis) a prize of 750 euros.
More details in the Terms & Conditions. Any question, please send an email to email@example.com
Call for Entries